Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fancy Night

We have been so busy lately, Josh and I feel like we haven't had much time with the girls as a family.  We're trying to save money, so Josh came up with a fun idea for dinner tonight. 
While I cooked, Josh told the girls to get dressed up for dinner, then he made them place mats.  We gave them fancy cups with soda, and I lit a lot of candles.  Then we called them down and we served them their dinner.  It was a lot of fun.
Then I cleaned up the kitchen while they got ready for bed.  I made a popcorn treat and brought it upstairs, and we sat and watched America's Funniest Home Video, our kids favorite show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh fun! i bet they had a blast. although, you did all the cooking and the cleaning?!? bet you can't wait until the girls are old enough to do dishes!!

Kendra said...

I can't wait for the day they do all the work and give ME the night off. :) I like waiting on them though too. It was fun.