Friday, August 29, 2008

My Breakfast

So this was my breakfast this morning. I was having a hard time deciding what to make, and then I thought I could just throw some stuff together and throw it in the oven. I've NEVER been one to follow a recipe or to stick to a recipe. The food I make is always changing, even something that I've been making for years, I'll one day decide to just change it a little... of course this makes it very difficult to share "recipes" with anyone, because I don't know exactly how much I changed it, and I also NEVER measure. Well, I measure sometimes, but not often... just on things that are important, like yeast, for example.
Anyway, breakfast this morning... I found my 10 by 5 inch glass pan, sprayed it with some Pam and took the following ingredients and put in it: two ends of bread(usually thrown away), one grated potato, half a grated zucchini, one slice of cooked bacon(from a few days ago), a couple scallions, and fresh basil leaf, salt and pepper. Then I took 5 eggs and some milk(again, I didn't measure), whisked that together, then poured that over what I had put in the pan, and sprinkled a big handful of cheese over the top. Put it in the oven for about a half an hour at 375 degrees. And yummy. :) Then I decided to take some leftover fruit: blueberries, apple/pear(a new fruit at Costco), and a banana... and poured blackberry yogurt over it.
What a great breakfast, if I may say so myself. :)

1 comment:

jovial_cynic said...

Wow. For someone who's so busy, you sure put a lot of work into breakfast this morning. :)